Want to know our pick of the best nightclubs in Kuala Lumpur for 2018? Vibrant by day and even more so after dark, Kuala Lumpur is an electric city full of energy that really comes to life when the sun goes down. With its exquisite array of hip bars and clubs to it’s up and coming music scene, the Kuala Lumpur nightlife will leave you wanting more. From chilling out at luxury rooftop bars to dancing the night away to music from top international DJ’s or sipping on cocktails while taking in some four to the floor house tunes or the more commercial side of music, there is something for everyone.
An exciting and welcoming city, with a wide variety of things to do, you can ask any local where to go in Kuala Lumpur during the weekend and they’re sure to mention the electrifying nightlife. Take a look below at 11(in no particular order) of the best nightclubs in this top class city.
1. Zouk KL
You can ask just about anyone where the best nightclub in Kuala Lumpur is and they will likely refer you to Zouk KL. This iconic spot next door to Trec is a top rated club in both Singapore and Kuala Lumpur and has been voted as the "Best Nightspot Experience" 6 times by the Singapore Tourism Board. Zouk caters to a variety of crowds with several club rooms to match your music vibe, a VIP lounge, members lounge, rooftop deck, a restaurant, a members lounge and much more.
- Located at 436, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur. Cover Charge's apply. Ticketing counter opens from 10:00am – 7:00pm (Zouk KL Office). Call +60 3 2110 3888 for inquires.
2. Kyo Club & Ren Room
Kyo is for the most part a Hip Hop/RnB club whilst opposite, Ren hosts live bands in the early part of the evening and then transforms to house & techno from 11pm till close. Widely regarded as the heart of the Kuala Lumpur club scene and is located in the basement of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, it has been constructed with minimalist industrial architecture and accents of Asian influents. With an infusion of European music and Asian sensibilities, this is an enigmatic atmosphere not to be missed.
- Located at Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur, off Jalan Pinang, KLCC, Kuala Lumpur. Admission (with one drink): RM40 before 1am / RM60 after 1am. Free entry before 11pm. For table reservations contact email@example.com or 012-921 1730.
3. Fuze Club KL
Of all the Kuala Lumpur nightlife tips, this is one that is sure to bring you a raving good time. Located at the heart of the city centre’s Golden Triangle, Fuze club boasts a warehouse-like dance venue that allows a capacity of up to 1,300 people! This spot is also home to which is the second room of Fuze. It is a tiny 200-capacity space that was created as a tribute to hip hop music and urban lifestyle. The jaw-dropping lighting system has been one of the biggest attractions.
- Located at 1, Jalan Kia Peng, Kuala Lumpur. Cover charges may apply. For booking and RSVP, call +60 11-2639 5797
4. Prime Touch Luxury (currently closed)
Designed with class and character, this intimate club is one of the latest and hottest spots to be found on the Kuala Lumpur nightlife scene. It is located in the city centre on level 31 of the skyscraper “Wisma Goldhill” and boasts a hip hop and R&B music scene, with the occasional EDM in the mix. If you want to party in style, this is one of the best nightclubs in Kuala Lumpur.
- Located at Level 31, Wisma Goldhill, Jalan Raja Chulan, Kuala Lumpur. Cover charges may apply. For booking and RSVP, call +60 11-1259 9250
5. Play Club at the roof
Hosting an array of top-notch local and international DJs as well as live acts, this is one of those nightclubs in Kuala Lumpur that you don’t want to miss out on. It’s a glitzy rooftop establishment where tourists, expats and local celebrities come together and dance the night away to EDM, Hip Hop and trance tunes. If you are looking for a premium dance club and a place to let down your hair then this will be the best nightclub in Kuala Lumpur.
- Located at The Roof, Sky Level, 1, First Avenue, Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya . Cover charges may apply. For booking and RSVP, call/text +60 13 270 3111
6. KX Kuala Lumpur
Classified as a high end luxury club, KX is a hotspot on the Kuala Lumpur nightlife scene, aimed at being a high society dance club. If you want to look like you belong at this exclusive spot, you will need to dress to impress. You can expect glitz, glamour and style at this cosy club that holds a capacity of 350-450 people.
- Located at Jalan Sultan Ismail 50250 Kuala Lumpur. Cover charges may apply. For booking an RSVP call +60 13 345 2724
7. Zion Club KL
Zion Club is widely regarded as one of the best nightclubs in Kuala Lumpur and incorporates three stylish venues under one roof. These consist of Phabric, the designated nightclub section that boasts a neon-lit dancefloor, 808 Bar which is great for a midweek party with local acts and lastly, the Reggae Café Bar where, well it’s all in the name. Zion has been a game-changer on the Malaysian nightlife scene. With closing time only approaching well into the early hours of the morning, 5am to be specific, this is where to go in Kuala Lumpur at night for all those party animals who can’t get enough.
- Located at 31 Jalan Changkat Bukit Bintang, 50200 Kuala Lumpur. Cover charges may apply. For booking an RSVP call +60 12-209 7300
8. Jiro Kuala Lumpur
Classified as a bar and lounge, Jiro hosts some amazing party nights with top international DJs and is an integral part of the Kuala Lumpur Nightlife. You can enjoy some exquisite panoramic views of Bangsar Village and Telawi while sipping on cocktails and listening to House, Techno and Commercial music. As the sun goes down you can get ready to party the night away to some groovy & sexy house tracks.
- Located at 61-1, Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar Baru, Kuala Lumpur. For cover information and RSVP call +60 17-663 3770.
9. Soju Sunway
You will find this party-goer hot spot located at the Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa in Bandar Sunway. Soju hosts an impressive list of international DJ’s, live acts, bands, dancers and mini concerts and is famed for its luxurious and ultra-modern decor complete with exclusive VIP rooms. You can expect an epic display of laser lights and a world class music scene, bound to give you a night that you won’t forget.
- Located at LG2, 119-120, Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall, 3, Jalan PJS 11/15, Bandar Sunway. Petaling Jaya. Selangor. Cover charges may apply call +60 3-7492 0452
10. The Box at Elysium Bar & Terrace
[UPDATE: Elysium is currently closed as of 11 July 2018]
This intimate club/room is one of two unique nightlife venues under one roof. The Box with its dark walls and minimal seating creates an electric ambience hosting nights such as The Sweatbox, Taboo & Dictatorship. Located on the floor below you will find the main bar terrace section which offers an ever so slightly laidback setting and amazing views of the Petronas Twin Towers and the Kuala Lumpur Tower. Known for some of the finest drinks in town and delicious food, this is a great choice if you are ever wondering where to go in Kuala Lumpur during the weekend.
- Located at Level 31/32, Wisma Goldhill, 67, Jalan Raja Chulan, Kuala Lumpur. Cover information, RSVP & reservations call +60 3-2022 3818.
11. Le Noir KL
A spin off from Singapore, Le Noir is a three storey venue found in the stylish Hive area of Trec. Located in this hot new lifestyle and entertainment district you can expect a club full of elegance and poise.Le Noir incorporates a dining space, clubbing floor and a rooftop bar that boasts exquisite 360 degree city views. The Kuala Lumpur nightlife scene will not disappoint when visiting Le Noir.
- Located at Unit H-G-07, The Hive, TREC, Lot 435, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur. Roof terrace opens at 5pm. Cover charge may apply after 11pm. Email: / Phone/WhatsApp: +60 12 224 5416. Valet parking available.