KL’s Meltiest Cheese Dishes and Where to Find Them
It’s safe to say that Malaysians love putting cheese on things, even if they’re traditional snacks like keropok lekor or goring pisang. Cheese is one of those things that just fill you with joy, and many young people are embracing this fact.
If you can get enough of that cheesy goodness, head on over to these places in and around Kuala Lumpur that will fix your cheese cravings in no time:
1.Thyme Out, Subang Jaya
Burritos, tacos, quesadillas and more can be found at this Tex-Mex eatery where you can pick from a wide range of fillings. Cheese lovers will enjoy the tacos that come topped with shredded cheese, and more cheese sauce on the side, with some spicy enchilada sauce for a good flavour kick.
- Address: 66, Jalan PJS 11/7, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Opening hours: 11am-11pm
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thymeoutkl/
2. Black Horse, Seri Kembangan
This unassuming café in Seri Kembangan is a popular hangout spot for students and families living nearby. They come for special occasions and just to chill on the weekends. For cheese lovers, look for their cheese baked rice which is flavoured rice with melted cheese on top. There’s also the double cheese toast for those who want a bit of something sweet
- Address: 39, Jalan PSK 1, Pusat Perdagangan Seri Kembangan, Seri Kembangan
- Opening hours: Daily, 11.30am-12 midnight
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iloveblackhorse/
3. Nathan’s Corner, OUG
You’ve probably had your fair share of cheese naans, but not quite like this. At Nathan’s corner, the cheese naan is a full on piece of fluffy bread base with a ton of shredded cheddar cheese on top. There’s so much cheese you can hardly see the bread. It’s served with some dal and curry. Many people pair it with some juicy tandoori chicken for a meal fit for a Maharajah,
- Address: 1,Jalan 6/155 , Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Opening hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/holding123/
4. A Pie Thing
Pies are great for rainy days. For those who like their cheese with some crispy crusts, go for their cheesy chicken. Those with a sweet tooth will appreciate the light lemon mascarpone cheesecake pie and green tea cheese pie. If you’re lucky, you’ll also find their BBQ chicken mac and cheese pie available. Remember to ask for the mashed potato and mushy peas if you’re ordering a savoury pie.
- Address: 128G, Jalan SS21/35, Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Opening hours: Sundays-Thursday, 12pm-11pm; Friday-Saturday 12pm-12am;Closed on Mondays
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/apiething/
5. Cheese Banjir, Desa Pandan
Cheese banjir literally translates as ‘a flood of cheese’ and they’re very proud of the fact that they’re the pioneer of dough-less pizza in Malaysia. Their signature dish is the Meatza, which has a crust made of minced beef, topped with plenty of melted cheese, sauces, vegetables and even seafood. The Meatza comes in three flavours, namely Hawaiian Chicken, Pepperoni salami supreme and Seafood Island.
- Address: Lot G10, G-Village, Jalan 1/76, Desa Pandan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Opening hours: Daily, 12pm to 11.30pm
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CheeseBanjirOfficial/
6. Burger Bakar Abang Burn
I made the mistake of underestimating the quality of food at Abang Burns before. Their setup may look humble, but they’ve got arguably the best burgers in town. Recently they’ve introduced a new creation, called the Cheese Aligot burger where each burger patty is wrapped in melted French Aligot cheese. Like they say in Malay: Perrgh!
- Address: Jajahan Ampang, Dagang Avenue Food Court, Jalan Dagang B/3A, Taman Dagang, 68000, Ampang
- Opening hours: Daily, 5pm -12.30am
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/abangburn/
7. Ticket To Korea
Find the best cheese inspired modern Korean cuisine here. The must-haves include their Hot Plate Cheese Corn and Cheese Pork Ribs which come with a ton of mozzarella. There’s also cheese rice and spicy cheese topokki which are all suitable for satiating a cheese craving. The rest of the menu here, which include non-cheesy dishes, is equally mesmerizing and will pique the interest of any adventurous foodie.
- Address: C-8-1, SetiaWalk, Puchong
- Opening hours: Mondays- Thursdays, 5pm-11pm; Fridays-Sundays 5pm-12am; Closed on Tuesdays
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tickettokoreafinedining/
Check out all of the latest food reviews on our foodie page
Main picture credit: Cheese Banjir, Desa Pandan