Hennessy, the world’s best-selling cognac, today unveiled the Malaysia Top 10 winners of this year’s edition of the #HennessyMyWay 30-Second Challenge – the pinnacle of creative bartending.
Rewarded for their creativity, talent and flair for blending expressive cocktails from behind the bar, each of the Top 10 took home EURO 500 and the recognition to be part of the Hennessy global bartenders fraternity. In addition, the winners earned the revered spot at the HennessyMyWay Cocktails & Mixology Masterclass instructed by Jordan Buschell, Hennessy’s Global Ambassador.
Making the Malaysian bartending community proud, Raz Ng of Gekko Dining was recognised for her outstanding creative service ritual, earning her a place as one of the Top 25 Bartenders amongst the Hennessy global bartenders fraternity, amongst contenders from Australia, France, United Kingdom, Canada, amongst others. They will each receive a bottle of Hennessy Paradis signed by M. Maurice Hennessy (RRP EURO 800 per unit).
Thomas Bouleuc, Managing Director of Moët Hennessy Diageo Malaysia & Singapore formally announced the 10 winners during the Masterclass session. He said that Hennessy has always supported the spirit of resilience and creativity, emphasising the all-important role of bartenders as the beating heart of the industry.
With cocktail recipes inspired by hints of local flavours and a refreshing play on ingredients, each of the Top 10 winners of the #HennessyMyWay 30-Second Challenge represents different trade outlets nationwide.
Catch the 10 winners at their respective bar establishments and ask them about their winning entries, as follows:
- Emperor Old Fashioned by Boey Wei Kid (Boudoir by Dad’s Wood - Penang)
- Votana Hennessy by Goutham Goutham A/L Magenthiren (Attic 23 Rooftop Bar - Penang)
- Henny Remedy by Joshen Chew (Hyde@53 - PJ)
- Mandarin Cognac by Lim Yin Wei (The Mandarin Bar - Penang)
- Once in a While by Lim Zhe Yin (Woo Bar W KL)
- Two Word by Loo Hong Xiang (Ultime Atelier & Boulangerie - KL)
- Poseidon by Mark Jacob (Bar Tailor – PJ)
- Hope by Noah Yap (Pawn Room - KL)
- Thyme Waits for No Pear by Raz Ng (Gekko Dining - KL)
- Hanami by Shirmy Chan (Dining Bar Iki_ya - PJ)
Going forward, Hennessy Malaysia is committed to extending the support to bartenders to achieve their ambition to become a highly skilled professional bartender. A programme for bartenders is being planned for rollout later this year aimed at further enriching bartenders’ skills and expertise.