10 Best Christmas Day Dinner Ideas in Kuala Lumpur 2017
Where to celebrate Christmas in KL for 2017? It’s a question we all ask ourselves every year, do we invite Family and Friends round with the hidden fear of getting the Turkey right or should we just save all the hassle and buy in a pre-cooked one with all the trimmings. On the other hand we could just gather everyone and head out to our favourite restaurant.
So at The City List we have decided that now would be as good a time as any to let you know some of the places that are offering Christmas dinner in Kuala Lumpur 2017 plus we have some options to order in Delivery and let someone else take the responsibility of getting that Turkey cooked just right. Whatever you decide to do this year, we have put together this helpful guide for a Kuala Lumpur Christmas in 2017.
Christmas day Party Menu at The Bowery Group
This year, Bowery have a so deliciously festive and tempting, it really is worth showing off a little early. Think smooth Chicken Liver Pâté with homemade focaccia, succulent Roast Turkey with all the trimmings and magical Cherry Rose Pavlova to finish for a memorable festive feast.
There family style holiday menu is available from 20 Nov - 31 Dec 2017 can be dined in or delivered across Bowery Kitchen & Bar, & Bowery Metro
Roasted Turkey w Chestnut Stuffing & Trimmings, 4 - 5kg serving 10 -12 people RM420 inclusive of 6% GST. A 10% service charge is applicable to dine-in orders.
: Lot 35 Level G2 Publika Shopping Gallery Solaris Dutamas No. 1 Jalan Dutamas 1, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
For reservations call +603-6211-4989 or you can email them at
Mystical White Wonderland at The Westin Kuala Lumpur
Celebrate the festivities and embark on a magical Christmas journey at The Westin Kuala Lumpur under the twinkling of endearing fairy lights, mystical creatures and enchanting fairytale ambience. Be amazed and invigorated by the exquisite culinary offers in the hotel’s signature dining venues, lively entertainment and luxurious accommodation. The Westin’s unrivaled location along Jalan Bukit Bintang makes it the perfect setting to explore the capital over the festive season.
WINTER NEVERLAND AT THE LIVING ROOM
Celebrate this festive occasion with pixie dust and fairy sparkles at The Living Room. Relish in an extensive buffet showcasing jolly goodies while the kids get excited with chocolate fountain and other sweet delights.
- Hi-Tea Buffet : 12.30pm – 3.00pm | RM140nett per person (food only)
Other options available are the Whissical Hood at the Italian Prego, Oriental Sanctury at Five Sen5es or the spellbinding Lagoon at Splash for a Brazillian Churrascaria Buffet!
The Living Room : 199, Jalan Bukit Bintang Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
For reservations call +603-2773-8338
Christmas Day Brunch at Drift Dining & Bar
Celebrate Christmas day with Drift!
Into its Fourth year and the food just gets better with free flow drinks, fun, music and more. Christmas Day at Drift is Family friendly with a special visit from Santa and also a jumpy castle for the kids (while mummy and daddy enjoy!).
Christmas Lunch Menu:
- Freshly Shucked Fine de Claire Oysters White Wine Vinegarette
- King Size Tiger Prawns, Thousand Island Dressing
- Pork Cheek Sausage Roll, Apricot Chutney
- Beetroot Salad, Labneh, Walnuts, Honey
- Crispy Chat Potatoes
- Roast Brussel Sprouts, Pancetta Butter
- Portabello Mushrooms, Anchovy Butter
- Roasted Turkey, Cranberry Sauce
- Roasted Pork Belly, Winter Squash Puree
- Snow House Cheesecake with Drift Strawberry Jam
They expect be fully booked so we suggest you get in early!
STOP PRESS : Drift are now fully booked for Christmas Sunday Lunch! Any new enquires will be put on a waitlist as they will be reconfirming those booked. They will also be open for Christmas Dinner, normal menu and other specials on the night.
From 12-4pm : RM150++ food only, RM 350++ Freeflow Wine, Beer, Sparkling, Rose + Food. Kids under 6 eat free, 12 and under RM 68++.
: 38, Jalan Bedara, Bukit Bintang, 50200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
RSVP to , book online at , send a FB message, or call +603-2110-2079.
Slow roasted Christmas day at Sapore Ampang
Celebrate the festive season with a ‘food’ilicious (food + delicious) way. The Sapore takeaway for Christmas. Chef Fabio told us: “Basically, the turkey meat will be slow cooked and we didn’t roast the turkey too long, as we want to keep the juiciness and tenderness of the meat. The whole 4kg turkey can be enjoyed among a group of 10 people.”
You can choose from the following three in-expensive options.
- 4kg Roasted Turkey with Apple Onion Stuffing and Vegetables at RM288 nett.Chef Fabio: “Basically, the turkey meat will be slow cooked and we didn’t roast the turkey too long, as we want to keep the juiciness and tenderness of the meat.” Chef told us that the whole 4kg turkey can be enjoyed among a group of 10 people.
- Roasted Suckling Pig, half RM198 nett, 1 whole is RM368 nett. We marinate the whole pig overnight with all herbs and some insider secret recipe.
- 3kg Porchetta pork roast roulade style RM150 nett; stuffed with the intense garlic, lemon and others fresh herb flavours. carefully roll up the roasted Porchetta into a roulade.
Prices above are for takeaway only and must be pre ordered two days in advance.
Sapore also have a special dine in menu for Christmas eve at RM148++ per person which includes 5 courses and a welcome cocktail or mocktail.
: 18, Persiaran Ampang, Desa Pahlawan, Ampang, 55000, Malaysia
For reservations call +603-4266-6362
The 15 Mile Jingles Christmas day at Nadodi
Renowned for their Nomadic cuisine through storytelling, Nadodi’s 15 Mile Jingle menu(that’s 15 courses!) is no exception this year as Executive Chef Johnson explains ‘Nadodi wishes to engage your senses and excel in the greatest story ever told’
- The Three Kings – Gold Cranberry False Meringue & Sambol
- Winters Comfort – Crab Mulligatawny
- White Christmas – Lobster Isthu
- Nomads Globe – Country Chicken Biriyani
- The Xmas Tree – Edible Ornaments
15 miles jingle is available to book at RM480++
: 183, 1st Floor, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, Mayang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
For reservations call +603-2181-4334 or email
Knock your Christmas day socks off with De:fine Food
De:fine love the festive season!
They are roasting one up in time for the season to be jolly, and it’s gonna knock your Christmas stockings off. They will even turn the a/c down real low so you feel cold enough to believe it’s winter!
Come together and indulge in a Christmas Special with those you know, love and appreciate. This holiday season, they are cooking up a feast.
- Slow Roasted Whole Chicken with pumpkin wedges, Roasted vegtables and mushroom sauce – RM 80
- 500g Oven-Baked Salmon Fillet (for 3-4 persons) with Hassleback potatoes, root vegtables and dill caper buttersauce – RM 130
- Grilled Tiger Prawns with warm Celiariac Octopus Slaw and garlic butter sauce – RM58
- Pulled Lamb Penne with green peas and parmesan - RM38
- Spiced Poached Pear with Vanilla Bean Ice-Cream – RM22
: 29-1,Level 1, Signature Offices, The Boulevard, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
For reservations call +603 2201 1316.
Set the tradition for family gatherings at The Brasserie, Level 2 - Kuala Lumpur's best brunch address - with a sumptuous spread of festive dishes.
Christmas Day Brunch : 25 December 12:00PM to 3:30PM
RM368 nett per person with non-alcoholic beverages
RM568 nett per person with alcoholic beverages
End the Christmas weekend with your Christmas favorites from The Brasserie a la carte menu with good food, drinks and words with your loved ones for Christmas Day Dinner
25 December, 6:30PM onwards
: The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur Hotel and Residences, Jalan Stesen Sentral 2 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
To make a reservation, email or call +603 2727 6666.
An Italian Christmas day at Enoteca- Plaza Damansara
Enoteca at Plaza Damansara are following their usual tradition by serving festive cuisines as well as selected wines for a 2-day event.
They will be serving a 5-course menu at RM188++ per person, consisting of
- Aperitif – Seared Young Pecorino Cheese with Parma Ham and eggplant or Thinslices of row tallow tail fish with cherry tomtaoes confit
- Soup – Christmas soup of Chicken and Vegtables broth with homemade button basil stuffed with ricotta cheese
- Pasta – Homemade layers of pasta stuffed with Italian sausage, pumpkin cubes and soft cremy cheese or Homade tagliolini pasta with red guaurned fish and fresh tomoaties concasse
- Main – G Pork loin stuffed with truffle paste and procini mushroom sous vide roasted in the oven.
- Dessert Roll sponge cake with Giandula Chocolate cream and crunchy hazelnut.
PLUS : Reserved tables of four or more person/s also receive a free bottle of house wine!
6pm to 12am (24th December 2017)
12pm to 12am (25th December 2017)
: 15-17 Plaza Damansara, Medan setia 1 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
For reservations call +603-2011-5725 to book a table now or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lebanese Christmas day open buffet
Mediterranean & Lebanese café/lounge located at Trec have a fabulous Christmas day open buffet offer. The buffet is a mix of international and Lebanese food as well as having a whole salmon and Turkey with some selective Juices.
At just RM75++, (yes you read that right) with children aged 6-12 at half price, this Christmas day offering is perfect if your on a bit of a budget with no compromising on quality.
: H-G-05, The Hive, TREC, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Open buffett from 1 - 4pm. RM75++ per person, Children 6-12 half price, inclusive of selected juices. Terms and conditions apply.
For reservations call +603 2110 0460
Christmas dishes with a MasterChef's touch
We can’t recommend Symphony enough thanks to a fantastic lunch earlier in the year so In light of the Holidays Symphony by Chef Jo at DC Mall present their 'Festive Season at Symphony'! Gather with family and friends over a 5-course Christmas dinner menu and experience traditional Christmas dishes with a MasterChef's touch!
The menu consists of
- Amuse – INAH Spiced Grape Juice and sweet spiced popcorn
- Starters – Cream of spinach and Mascarpone Cheese or Duck Live Pate and onion Marmalade
- The Roast – Oven Roasted Turkey Roulade with Chestnut Stuffing, Yorkshire pudding and Seasonal veg accompanied with giblet Gravy and Cranberry Sauce or roasted Boneleless Leg of Lamb with Chestnut Stuffing accompanied with rosemary Gravy and mint jello
- Dessert – Classic Panettone and spiced Vanilla Gelato or Chirstmas Pudding with Cinnamn Crème Anglaise
Symphony by Chef Jo : Damansara City (DC) Mall, 50490 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
RM128++ per person, Menu is available from 24 to 31 December.
For reservations call +603-2011-7173.
The City List - Discover the best nightlife in Kuala Lumpur ®