First dates are special occasions in a relationship, and Kuala Lumpur is full of romantic spots that are perfect for first, second dates and so on. Whether you’re celebrating love for the first time or rekindling the romantic flame after decades together, these places will help you and your partner feel fuzzy-wuzzy inside.
This is a great spot if you’re looking for a cosy corner for plenty of quality conversation. For sweets, you can choose between cakes and various mousse based creations. Their dessert specialities are a must try, and change from time to time. Some of their best sellers have been their Watermelon and strawberry cake, as well as their chocolate mousse. There are also several waffles available, including the nutty lover that’s drizzled with honey and topped with walnuts, almond flakes and espresso.
- Address: First Floor, 112, Jalan SS 15/4b, Selangor, Malaysia Subang Jaya
- Phone: +60 12-340 7370
- Tuesday - Thursday 11am - 22:00, Friday 11am - 23:30, Saturday & Sunday 11am - 23:30, Mondays Closed
Photo Credit 95 Degres Art Café
Jibril is a Halal bar that serves delicious mocktails and faux alcoholic concoctions named after famous characters. The Potter is a must try, and is inspired by the Butterbeer from a certain famous wizarding series. There are also drinks like the Saloma, Gandhi and Monroe. This Halal Bar is decorated to resemble a 1920s speakeasy and is well hidden behind a Sangkaya ice cream shop, which you can buy to complement your drinks.
- Address: No. 25, SS15/4B Subang Jaya
- Phone: +60 10-914 2439
- Opening hours: Everyday from 12:00 – Midnight
Aka Café is a whimsical and adorable little Japanese fusion café tucked away in the heart of Taman Desa. The café is well known for their intricately crafted main dishes and desserts. Each dish is a veritable artistic creation, especially their ice balls that require some self-assembly, as well as their cakes that are inspired by cute characters.
- Address: No 21-1, Jalan 109F, Plaza Danau 2, Tmn Danau Desa Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Phone: +60 3-7971 8282
- Opening Hours: Thursday - Tuesday 12:00 - 21:00
Encore Patisserie is a little café that looks like it came right out of a Romantic French film. Apart from the excellent coffee and tea here, they serve a wonderful array of tarts and other baked desserts. Must-tries include their Mille Feuille and Chocolate Eclairs. There are also several savoury pastry options like their Chicken Han quiche and pies.
- Address: 1, Jalan Bukit Desa 5, Taman Bukit Desa, 58100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Phone: +60 3-7972 7988
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 - 23:00, Closed on Tuesdays
The café serves several delicious pasta dishes, but their highlight is definitely their waffles. The fluffy waffles here are served with a generous amount of fresh cream, topped with fresh fruits and nuts. There’s also their signature soft serve ice cream with toppings that include Osmanthus jellies and Goji berries.
- Address: 101-1, Jln Radin Bagus, Sri Petaling 57000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Phone: +60 3-9054 8686
- Opening Hours: Mon - Fri 12 - 11pm, Sat-Sun 11 - 11pm, Closed on Tuesday
This café specializes in serving toasts with various toppings and is a great spot if you’re on a brunch date or even for tea. They have some sweet toast options, like their chunky peanut butter with Nutella and blow-torched marshmallows. There’s also the berry coulis with cream cheese which is served with freshly baked bread. [update: The Toast Co. is expected to close end of August 2018]
- Address: 78, Jalan Sultan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Phone: +60 12-323 3580
- Opening Hours: Mon, Wed-Fri 9am-7pm Weekends 9am-6pm
Photo Credit The Toast Co.
This café has a pretty impressive assortment of pancakes, and you can drop by for their sweet versions. These include the basic Minimalist with maple syrup and butter as well as the more opulent Breakfast Pancake with yoghurt, granola and fresh fruits.
- Address: 8-7, Plaza Batai, Jalan Batai, Damansara Heights
- Phone: +60328560903
- Opening Hours: 9am-10pm daily
Photo Credit Yellow Brick Road
Red Kettle’s claim to fame is their baked goods and in particular their cakes. Their salted caramel and dark salted caramel slices have drawn people into this simple yet exquisite eatery. At one time they were also offering bacon cheesecakes, which you can enjoy with a soothing cup of coffee or tea. Look out for seasonal changes in their cake menu, which has included such creations as the Gula Melaka Walnut cake and TimTam cake.
- Address: F130, 1st Flr, The Starling Mall,, Jalan SS 21/37, Damansara Utama, Damansara Uptown, 47400
- Phone: +60 16-389 9130
- Opening hours: 10:00am - 10:00pm, daily
Photo Credit Red Kettle
The Klang Valley has much to offer couples in love. There are dessert places to suit every budget level. Just use the search option on to find your very own romantic spot!